Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mini Album - Piano Hinge Gate Fold Album

This is the December 2005 Club Stamp kit. The pages of the album came pre-cut, scored, you just bend, and insert the skewers. The kit includes 5 skewers, so you will need to add one additional one to make my Gate fold version.

Supplies:
Club Stamp Piano Hinge kit (includes 5 bamboo skewers, precut album pages, fibers)
1 additional bamboo skewer
Rubberstamps
Black ink
Versamark ink
Gold embossing powder
Brads
Modge podge

Instructions:

1. Follow instructions in kit to create 2 small sets of piano hinges. I used 3 precut pages and 3 bamboo skewers for each side, but you could easily make a larger album and use 6 precut pages and 3 bamboo skewers for each side.
2. At this point, I put the two books together putting every other page over one another. I then determined which pages I wanted to overlap, or match up and trimmed some in a large circle, others in a triangular pattern, and the front where they meet in the middle.
3. Once I got everything cut, I determined how I wanted to embellish pages. I rubberstamped in black ink on the white and cream colored cardstocks, ink all edges. On the black cardstock, I used the versamark ink and embossed images in gold. I also ran the versamark pad along the edges and embossed with gold. I
4. On the front cover, I punched two small circles and attached to the front with brads, added a ribbon, and this becomes the closure.
5. Once you have the two sets made, pages cut to your liking, embellished as desired, adhere the last two pages together with modge podge.
6. You can then trim off the sharp tips of the skewers.

Good luck and have fun!!

Debbie Weller
DebDuzScrappin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin