Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Project Tutorial - Altered AOL/Cigar Tin

This was a fun little project I did for my dad for Father's day this year. My brother supplied me with a bunch of these old tins that were just thick enough to hold a mini fold out album. You may have some of these tins laying around that AOL sent you in the past or I have heard that you can pick them up at Walmart, Target, etc on an end cap in the music section of the store (I have had no luck finding them myself there). I did find a bunch of cigar tins at a yard sale - so keep your eyes peeled. Most all materials shown in this project are from Club Scrap.

Supply List
attern paper
Modge Podge
Ribbons/Fibers
Tags
Rubberstamps
Ink
Embellishments
Acrylic Paint
Foam paint brush
Glue dots

Instructions:

1. I first painted black paint all over the tin where there was words and pictures and such. Let dry.
2. Cut a piece of pattern paper the size of the front and back of the tin.
3. For this step you will need to do the front, once done and dry, then do the back of tin. Using a paint brush apply a coat of modge podge and place the cut paper onto it, then apply another coat of modge podge over the paper. Let dry. You can add additional pieces of paper applying more modge podge over each layer. Let dry. Add embellishments to front cover as desired.
4. Measure and cut a piece of pattern paper to fit in the inside front. Decorate as desired and attach using glue dots.
5. Measure the inside back width and times by 4. Cut a piece of paper to that size, you may need to piece a couple of pages together depending on the size needed. Score fold lines and fold into an accordion to fit into the tin. Decorate and embellish pages with fairly flat embellishments.
6. Rubberstamp and ink edges as desired.
7. Adhere to back of inside tin using glue dots.

Here is another version of one I made for my hubby for Father's Day:

Good luck and have fun!!
Debbie Weller
DebDuzScrappin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin