Friday, November 12, 2010

Project - "Wreath" countdown calendar

OOOhhhh man its been ages since I posted. So sorry about that.

You see after my fabulous scrapbooking retreat back in the adorable little town of Neenah, WI with my favorite gang at ClubScrap - wouldn't you know it - I got sick. Yes I came home to find my family was sick and they so generously shared with me. It was just a head cold but boy did it ever kick me in the rear. Then we had company and Halloween and ohhhh the other big event...I am redoing my scrapbook room - so I have not done a lot of scrapbooking, since my room has been in a huge upset and quite a disaster. I am almost done with it - I will post photos when I am done.

Anyways back to scrapbooking...One of my most favorite holiday things to do with my children is having a “Countdown” to the holiday. Doesn’t matter to me if it is a countdown to Easter, Halloween, Christmas, or even a birthday, our family just loves counting down the days and letting the anticipation of the event grow and grow.

I have over the years made a variety of different countdown calendars, but I think this new one is my favorite one yet!

This particular project is a combination of counting down to the holiday but in a gorgeous “wreath”, which is just perfect for hanging on your wall and having as a beautiful piece of wall art. It is a very simple project using tiny matchboxes and by strategically stacking them, create this almost life-like 3D wreath. I found my little matchboxes at the local grocery store.

Once you make this project you can fill the little boxes with a sweet treat or little notes or whatever strikes your fancy. Your family will look forward to each new day and the surprised that awaits them in that little tiny drawer.

I will post the instructions for this soon. I have to do up lil drawings for it. I hope you enjoy this great simple project as much as I do, and good luck in all your Scrapbooking adventures.



The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin