Sunday, August 19, 2012

Earring Rack - Altered Serving Tray

So this weekend I was holding a garage sale and in order to not waste time - I opted to make earrings while sitting and spending my time dealing with yardsalers... I wanted to also display the earrings that I made and if people wanted to buy a pair they could, but these earrings are really going to be my Abandoned Art gifts in the end.

So Friday night I wanted to quick make up a rack to hold the earrings.  I started out with a plain jane wooden serving tray (from like Joann's).

Wooden Serving Tray
White paint
Club Scrap Papillion kit
Mosaic tiles
Tissue paper
Rubberstamps
Ink
Screen (like used in a screen door - from Home Depot)
Staples
Modge Podge

1.  I painted the tray white and let it dry.

2. While the tray was drying, I rubberstamped butterfly images, from ClubScrap's Papillion kit, onto tissue paper and trimmed them out.

3.  Once the tray was dry, I modge podged the butterflies onto the tray and let them dry.
4.  I then adhered patterned paper into the inside of the tray.


5.  I used self stick mosaic tiles (from the Papillion kit) and ran them along both insides of the tray on the 'walls' of the tray.

5.  Lastly I cut a piece of screen mesh to wrap around and staple to the back side of the tray.

The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin