Friday, October 18, 2013

"Treasure Hunt" themed ATC cards - ClubScrap Retreat Swap!!

Well I am sooooo excited to be at ClubScrap Retreat RIGHT NOW!!!  

One of the very first events we always do at retreat is a Get-to-know-you Swap!  When we check in for retreat, we are given 5 names and during the weekend, we have the goal of hunting these 5 folks down and giving them whatever we've made.   Every year the art we make changes, one year it was inches, another puzzle pieces, greeting card, etc.  This year the art was an ATC card.  An ATC card is 2.5 inch by 3.5 inch.

After a bit of brainstorming with my sister, she came up with the fabulous idea to incorporate a Treasure Hunt into this years swap for our ATC recipients.  More about that in the next blog entry.  But because we were going to incorporate a treasure hunt, I wanted to make my ATC cards to match that treasure hunt theme.

For my cards, I decided to make little clipboards out of wood.

1.  I bought a 12x12 piece of 1/8th inch thick plywood at Joann's Fabric and cut it into the 2.5x3.5 pieces.  Used a belt sander and sanded down the corners to round them off and to make the edges nice and smooth.

2.  I painted each of the wood pieces with gesso paint.  Let dry.

 3. I used gelatos and spritzed water on the wood along with my trusty finger to rub the gelatos around.  The first one blow shows the purple drawn on, after spritzing and rubbing the watered gelatos around, it looks like the 2nd one below:
Here is the batch of them together, I did a variety of colors:

4. Used rubberstamps and stamped images with black ink, use heat gun to fully dry:
5.  Used rubberstamps and stamped images with versamark and then embossed sentiments with white embossing powder:
6.  Added the final embellishements which included a flower, the clip, some chain with a fun compass ring and some ribbon.
7.  For the final bit of fun, I attached the 'treasure hunt' to the back side for folks to do if they opted to.


The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin