Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Trattoria Blog Hop

Trattoria Blog Hop!!

So today I am working with Club Scrap's Trattoria kit. 
Supplies:
Mat Board
Cardstock
Flower brads
Tags
Floss
Large Matchboxes - or make or own using cereal boxes
Modge Podge or Bookbinding glue
Embellishments

Instructions:
To create this 4 way drawer Tower - you will need 12 large matchboxes (you can buy these at the dollar store) - I did not have quite enough of them - So I deconstructed one of the boxes I did have and used it as a template, and used old cereal and snack boxes to create more 'drawers' as you can see in the steps here:

Score edges with bone folder:

 Adhere flaps to box and use clips to hold together while drying:

To create tower - I used mat board - I get my board board from a local frame shop - I can buy a big bag of 'scraps' for like $10 and there is always something in that bag I can work with....so here I have cut a of pieces.  I have cut 24 pieces 1 1/5 x 4 7/8 and 4 pieces 7 3/4 x 7 3/4.

Use adhesive to adhere short pieces to large piece as shown:

Adhere next (4) short pieces as shown:

Make sure the matchboxes comfortable fit in the slots as shown:

Adhere the large piece on top as shown:

Adhere short pieces on 2nd level as shown:

Adhere large piece as shown:

Adhere short pieces on 3rd level as shown:

Add large piece as shown:

Decorate with Club Scrap Trattoria kit as shown:

Use flower brads on drawers with tags to allow you to pull drawers open and label drawers.





Thanks for stopping by...now for more great stuff -

go check out Kay's blog hop project!!!
Or if you want to start at the beginning,
go check out Club Scrap!!!

The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

13 comments:

  1. Lovely idea for stashing all the little items we all have.
    Your box is beautiful. Love the contruction you made to open the drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun box - I made a small ones using match boxes as gifts before...never thought to enlarge it for storage. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for storage and I love your use of flower brads for drawer pulls. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, Deb! Thanks for the construction tutorial. I sorts reminds me of a model for an office building. :) I love how you used it to store embellishments. We can all use that! Thanks for sharing all of your incredible creations with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, this is OVER the TOP amazing!! I need to make one right now! Thanks for sharing all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Deb, you're brilliant and high energy as usual!! I think this project is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I have a box with one layer that I made for Thanksgiving thoughts about 10 years ago - I can't wait to make this "highrise" version! I will miss the blog hop team - thank you for your dedication and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow amazing creation Deb! Thanks for your inspiration on the Artist's team. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love the pictures of your process! This is just so cool, complicated, but so cool! You need to design furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so amazing, Deb! I love organizational projects, you nailed this one! It was an honor working with you on the Artist Team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great storage unit! I love upcycling, and you have outdone yourself. Love how you decorated it, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin